Otero County Film Office: Internship Program
The Film Otero internship program offers college and university students the opportunity to gain a working knowledge of the film and television industries. We are looking for students with great communication, organization and computer skills who want to learn how the industry works, and contribute to our efforts to promote the film and entertainment arts industries in Otero County and Southern New Mexico.
- Assisting in digital cataloging and upload of digital location images into Film Otero Photo Library. (a working knowledge of WordPress authoring and use of plug-ins is preferred but not required)
- Performing specific research projects, such as filming locations, weather, agriculture and crew information, via the Film Otero resources, internet searches, phone calls, newsgroups, etc..
- Reading scripts, preparing studio-style coverage, and location breakdowns.
- Performing routine clerical tasks such as data entry, photocopying and filing.
- Current student or recent graduate in a college or university degree program.
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week (in at least two-hour blocks) at our office in Alamogordo.
- Must have own transportation to and from Film Otero.
- Demonstrates professional interest in film, television and media production industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interns are not required to receive course credit, but may be eligible. Check with your advisor.
At this time, Film Otero internships are unpaid.